Monday, July 1, 2013

Post 12: RGB LED'S STRIOS AND PROJECTORS

   Vero used LED's in her costume, and I would like to do the same with the multi purpose stage costumes.
   I was at the Lighting place the other day, and saw a 16ft  RGB LED strip that could be controlled with an Infra Red remote and make any color in the rainbow:

 They were selling it for $100, but I found exactly the same HitLights on Amazon for $30, and ordered 3 to play with:

 They come with a 110/12V transformer, a 44 keys remote, and a remote control box with an Infra Red sensor. They can easily be strung together or cut to shorter lengths.  I undressed my Virgin, and stuck the strip(which comes with self stick tape backing) up and down and around the armature before putting the muslin dress back on. Now, we can combine projection with LED costumes.
   I also ordered a $120 RGB 30 watts outdoor remote control flood on Amazon for $25:


and a small RGB  remote control 3 watt bulb to experiment on my "stage" for $12:
   Some of that RBB LED stuff is very expensive, but if you look, you can find good discount prices on Amazon or eBay.
   By the way, have you seen the new illuminated 18th Street underpass. It uses the same kind of equipment, but more powerful, about 160 RGB LED projector bars altogether. It does look nice:

      But is it really worth $200,000?

No comments:

Post a Comment