Saturday, February 22, 2014

Post 26: What Next?

   Well, now that Mike has figured out the basics, we need to refine it, and I would like to actually participate. He used a Game Building software called Unity, that ia actually cross platform. The full Pro version costs $1500, but there is a free limited version which I downloaded and installed on my Mac. Mike sent me his project folder, and I could open it, but in the end couldn't get the Kinect to connect. He offered to loan me a windows machine, but I would rather run Windows on my Mac with Parallel Desktop. Since all I have is the old Windows XP, I need to upgrade to Windows 7, that Mike recommended over Windows 8.
   Not so simple though, as Microsoft has discontinued Windows 7, and non OEM copies are rare and expensive, over $160 on eBay. I suppose I could download the much cheaper OEM version, and buy it again if I change machine… 
   I may also have to upgrade to Parallel 9.

No comments:

Post a Comment